recording software? (was Re: [Doggiebox] a couple of recent observations)

Andy Poland chocky at jellyvision.com
Wed Mar 9 09:53:59 EST 2005

For what it's worth, I use Digital Performer pretty much exclusively and I'm
a big fan. I learned the whole "software recording" thing with Deck, years
ago, and that was a nice foray into the world of digital recording. Simple
and very straightforward. Since I'm a Mac user, I went the DP route rather
than the ProTools route. I've always felt that the DP interface is much more
user friendly and personally, the MIDI capabilities, I feel, are much better
in DP. And DP in OSX has addressed many of the previous limitations (not
able to use some 3rd party plugins, etc.) I think if you have a fast enough
computer with enough memory, you can't go wrong with DP.

Pretty much everyone I know uses different recording software, though. I
usually find that whatever someone learns on, that's what they stick with.

Don't know if that helps, but I was feeling "chatty."

chocky