recording software? (was Re: [Doggiebox] a couple ofrecent observations)

adrian.delso at btopenworld.com adrian.delso at btopenworld.com
Wed Mar 9 13:26:14 EST 2005

Carl asked;

I use Logic Express, backed up with Doggiebox, (natch!), VSamp and
Audacity, all
running on a Mac DP G4.

I used to have a Fostex X-15 (still do, but it's knackered), then a Roland
VS-840
(which I didn't understand) and finally a Boss BR-8, which was brilliant,
but I prefer
working on the computer.

So my 'studio' is now the Mac, an Emagic interface, which is driving me
nuts, an ART
pre-amp, a Mackie 1202 mixer, a couple of decent mics and several
guitars,basses,
mandolins and a dulcimer.