SV: Re: recording software? (was Re: [Doggiebox] a couple of recent observations)

Christoph hermiteer at itsallconnected.com
Wed Mar 9 18:24:06 EST 2005

I switched from Deck to Logic about two weeks ago and haven't looked back.
Deck is OK from a GUI perspective, but there are several bugs that affect
layout (poor design and mostly a non-aqua L&F) and playback (like clicking
play before selecting the audio device will cause a crash) that Bias has not
fixed (or they can't reproduce).  Also, you will be limited to 16-bit, 48
khz recording, Deck doesn't support anything higher.

I quickly ran out of tracks on Deck LE (only allows 12) and so had to
upgrade to regular Deck, which at ~$300 is the same price as Logic.  IMO,
the plug-ins don't sound as good as Logic, there is no MIDI instrument
composing (useful to add some background strings) and it just doesn't 'feel'
as good as Logic on my PowerBook.

Let's just say I used Deck for 2+ years to record a lot of my songs.  Now
after using Logic for two weeks, I want to go back and re-record everything
I ever wrote.

Cheers,

Christoph