[Doggiebox] Re: AKAI archive

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Thu Mar 10 10:54:58 EST 2005

On 09-Mar-2005 19:20, Dan Costello wrote:
>> http://www.akaipro.com/int/mpc1k/arc_kotw.html
>
> Holy cow, great find, Carl. there's some real cool-looking stuff in
> there. Have you had a chance to parse out any of the sounds into a kit
> yet? If so, how do they sound?

Haven't tried 'em on yet.  I'm interested to see how the congas are,
though I'm disappointed to see that the "mute" samples are missing from
congas 1 and 4 in the set.  Ah well, it _is_ free!

I haven't looked at the drum machine samples so much (since I'm more
interested in samples of real drums :) and I haven't looked so much at
the basic drum kit samples since I think there are already a lot of
basic kit options open to me with the existing dbkits.  But I am
interested in scoring odd bits of percussion .... The collection of
hi-hats might be cool: I keep hoping to find more samples with half-open
hats (or 1/3 and 2/3 open, maybe) so one could do cool patterns where it
sounds like the hat is slowly opening in the course of a couple of bars :)