[Doggiebox] Re: Mike's song

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 19:20:25 EST 2005

Yes - its the time honoured problem - the instant playing gratification
of a beat box versus the subtler listening pleasure of a well crafted
drum track. The great thing about DB I find is after I get over the
initial  backbone of a piece, there's a lot of fun tweaking the drum
and then re-importing it onto the track.

> The only thing that bugs me about drum programming is the time it
> takes me. Call it a love/hate relationship. I enjoy the blank canvas
> and the ultimate finished product, but getting there is not always as
> much fun as I'd like it to be. Sometimes I walk away from songs for a
> few days then finish the whole thing up in a blast of creative
> inspiration. So... you're right. The "lazy" thing is not an option for
> me. You might as well just download canned loops if you're going to be
> lazy.

Sion Morris
Liverpool

www.cinnamondesign.co.uk/music/music.html