[Doggiebox] Re: Doggiebox Digest, Vol 21, Issue 14

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 19:33:43 EST 2005

> I've been working on this, but the current version of the dbkit:
> a) a doesn't have all the ns_kit7free samples linked yet, and
> b) has samples mapped to their General MIDI instrument (or something
> close!), but the MIDI mappings don't contain velocity info (all
> velocities are 127).

Thanks for the link Carl. I was hoping it would fix the links to the
samples that are in Mike's - but sadly not. I might have a go re
kit... yes that sounds like a good idea...

> Still, I've put a zipped version of the current version "as is"
> online: <http://www.carlaz.com/music/Carls_nskit7.dbkit.zip>
>
> This version also has links to some non-ns_kit7 oddities in it: the
> GarageBand cowbell samples ('cause I gotta have more cowbell!), the ns
> woodblock samples (I use them as beat keepers on count-ins and such),
> and a muted crash sample I made by editing one of the ns_kit7free
> crash samples in Audacity (though one could easily relink to another
> muted crash sample, like from ns_kit6 or whatever!).

I did something similar, funnily enough with adding a cowbell to an
earlier ns kit as I too have  a feever and the only medicine is more
cowbell!. There's a song on my site (below) using it if you're
interested - Xris under the 2004 tab. There an imported tambourine
there too... and I'm eagerly awaiting David Holloway's new Ludwig
recordings featuring tambourine.

Sion Morris
Liverpool

www.cinnamondesign.co.uk/music/music.html