[Doggiebox] (no subject)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Fri Mar 18 05:40:06 EST 2005

On 15-Mar-2005 23:52, Mike Carlyle wrote:
> I try to play the hi hat like it might really be played, of course. I
> know that I can't be beating on the hi-hat and riding a cymbal at the
> same time, for example. The pedal also kicks in during any sort of
> lengthy fill that might otherwise occupy my virtual hands.

Up to now, I've tended dropped hats and kicks entirely during what I
imagine to be two-handed fills -- though, yeah, I suppose there's no
reason a dextrous drummer couldn't keep it going with the foot pedals
while flailing away at the snare or toms.  Can any drummers comment on
what they do with the feet, if anything, whilst executing that fast,
phrase-ending fill?