[Doggiebox] heavy metal/hard rock drums

David Holloway davidh at slugworth.com
Fri Sep 9 00:05:56 EDT 2005

i don't sam.  but i've been listening to a bunch of dillinger escape
plan and refused lately and folks seem to be using very muted bass
drums with those weird little falam-salam clicker pads on the
resonant head of the drum.  you can hear the clicking as the bass
drum fires.

just thought i'd mention it as it took me a while to figure out how
those drummers were getting the sound.  i thought it was a trigger at
first, but then i saw someone doing it live with no trigger.

another note is that contemporary metal and hardcore has quite a
different drum sound from the big old resonant kits of the 70s/80s.
i think the big difference is in the tom sound mostly though.  what
era of metal/rock sound are you looking for?

good luck with your search.

d.