[Doggiebox] DB, Cubase, tempo, and MIDI

Charlie the_lonely_sea at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 23 06:55:26 EDT 2005

Carl

I'm sure there will be a way to do this as you describe.  I use Pro-
Tools and do exactly that - Cubase is supposed to be more MIDI
friendly than PT, so I'm guessing it's a goer.

FWIW - in Pro Tools, I import the AIFF and the MIDI file and line
them up at the same start point.  PT imports the tempo (and tempo
changes) from the MIDI file - (this is also handy for general
navigation).    I mute the MIDI track and - hey presto - you have a
nice tempo set up.  If the kit I'm using doesn't have MIDI notes
assigned, I just assign any old thing to each sound as I never
actually use the MIDI drums to trigger any sounds - I find the DB set
as good ( or indeed better) than any Pro Tools MIDI sounds I have

Lots of luck

Charlie