[Doggiebox] Re: Adding audio to Doggiebox Version 2

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sat Jan 7 09:55:15 EST 2006

I vote no on the audio idea, for what it's worth.

I compose drum parts in my head anyway. By the time I'm doing drums,
I'm so familiar with the songs progression of changes, that I don't
really miss hearing the actual audio.

It's not like I can "play along" with the song regardless, so ... what
does it really matter?

To audtion, I export audio then import it into Cubase. Since I play to
a click track, my song always starts at a known point. This makes
repeated export->import->audition steps sort of trouble free. It only
takes a few minutes to import and place a modified DB file.

Let's not turn the app into something it's not. It seems to me that
this feature set might be call for a secondary applet. Another program.

"DogWalker" anyone?

Tie it to Doggiebox, but make it a second application altogether. This
way, those who want to use DB without the muddled interface and
potential performance penalty can do so. Think of how Photoshop and
ImageReady relate to each other, for example.