[Doggiebox] boxes

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Fri Mar 10 05:16:01 EST 2006

Hi Ben

I use db a lot and have been thinking about the way I use it and the
way songs and sections could be organised more graphically in the
playlist.

I don't know if anyone else feels that it can be difficult sometimes
to keep track of the song structure. I find that I either make a
whole track in one go with many variations which is then difficult to
edit later, or I just do an easily editable track but with no
variations.

My suggestion is to show the song structure as it currently is, but
to show the sections used in the playlist elements as blocks - you
could then instantly see for example that the intro is one block of 4
bars, the chorus, 4 ; verse, 4 etc. The blocks could be labeled
numerically and with shortened labels so the user can keep track of
where each bit is in relation to everything else. You could then make
as many variations as you like in the sections box and still have a
complete overview of the song

I've photoshopped a rough visual of my idea for you to look at here:

http://82.42.121.47/~sion/Files/music/Doggieboxsuggestion.jpg

Cheers

Sion Morris
Liverpool