[Doggiebox] re: boxes

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Mon Mar 13 07:24:55 EST 2006

On 10/03/2006 23:44, Sterling Beckwith wrote:
> What Sion's suggesting could be a big help.  Have long felt need for
> another level of structural display between db's Sections and  Playlist,
> to allow trial-and-revise work on overall design.  His  boxes offer a
> neat solution, provided they can be made fairly  foolproof and easy to
> rearrange.

I had myself been thinking of a similar sort of feature, though with the
  new "mid-level" blocks (verse1, chorus1, etcs) displayed more as
expandable menu items so that the various sections wouldn't scroll off
to the right as they do in that example -- though I suppose they could
easily end up scrolling off to the bottom still!

What I would find useful, when composing and blocking out basic
arrangements, would be the ability to define one of these mid-level
blocks of Sections (say, a group of Sections making up a "verse") and
the copying it and pasting it within the Playlist.  I don't _think_ one
can currently copy and paste items around within the Playlist, at least
not consistently.  Then I could easily make a bunch of identical verses
and choruses (for example) to see how I liked the basic arrangement,
going back later to look inside these blocks to change up individual
sections for variety.

mailto:cea at carlaz.com