[Doggiebox] vst

David Weisinger d_weising at yahoo.com
Sun May 7 07:03:09 EDT 2006

It is a good question - how to reconcile this.  One
way would be something like:

Doggiebox is a 'slave' VST or other 'plugin' or
something like that.  Audio interfacing software like
cubase, pro logic etc have their own 'times'.

The host application should have the 'master' time.
So db would sit inside the host application as a slave
(in terms of the time).  When you press 'play' in
cubase for example, your embedded db app starts as
well.  So they have to be synchronised and thats all
that has to happen.  Once you have created your drum
section using db, just follow the same guidelines for
other midi created sections :  ie export drums to midi
file, import back in as midi (into cubase) and play
back using some other VST plugin that specializes in
drum sounds.  The final step would be to export that
as wave files before finally importing back in again
so you can better manipulate (for reverb/compression
etc) .  I'm sure there are other ways it could happen,
but I'm just theorizing.

What ya reckon about that ?  And even if that is a
good idea, whats the chance of the doggiebox dudes
listening and saying, 'yeah - lets do that ' ??

Thanks for listening,

David