[Doggiebox] vst

David Weisinger d_weising at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 00:37:43 EDT 2006

Well Charlie, it seems I'm not alone.  Definitely, if
it is to be considered by the doggiemen, different
formats will have to be considered, but that seems a
little problematic as there are so many different apps
from Cubase to Nuendo to Pro Tools, Pro Logic etc.
Maybe a VST and RTAS would do it for most.  Not sure,
I haven't investigated this sort of thing - after all,
I'm just a muso trying to write and record some songs!

The db application would definitely need constant
synching to the host application.  As per your
original remarks some time ago, the way to get around
it would be to have import functionality on
doggiebox's end - but that does present more issues
than just having an import function.  The same issue
you presented - what happens at line 12, bar 2 if I
want to start there ?  Doggiebox would need some
customisation to handle all those sorts of things.
I'm interested to hear back from Doggiebox themselves
to get their take on it and the likelyhood of any of
these options being incorporated in Doggiebox.

Thanks,

David