[Doggiebox] vst

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Mon May 8 03:55:30 EDT 2006

On 07 May 2006, at 12:03, David Weisinger wrote:
> Doggiebox is a 'slave' VST or other 'plugin' or
> something like that.  Audio interfacing software like
> cubase, pro logic etc have their own 'times'.

Hmm, doesn't Doggiebox already do something like this?  I whimpered
for ages until Ben shut me up by making it possible to DB to act as a
MIDI master or slave to control or be controlled by my Roland VS-1680
DAW :) and my DAW's instructions for setting it up as master or slave
to something included explicit instructions for Cubase.  I know DB
would be a piece of software on the same computer, rather than
communicating with an entirely separate device, but could it in
principle work to slave DB to Cubase or Cubase to DB via MMC and
MTC?  Can two pieces of software on the same machine function as
communicating MIDI devices?

I know I can set up my kit so that the DAW starts recording when I
hit Play on DB -- or, alternatively, so that DB starts playing when I
hit Record on the DAW.