[Doggiebox] vst

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Mon May 8 04:47:17 EDT 2006

On 08/05/2006 09:12, Charlie wrote:
> I remember this (a bit), but didn't take too much notice at the time  as
> I was a newbee MIDI back then. (still am really...)

Me too! :)

> I'm off for a few weeks, but when I get back I'll have a play with it
> and try to get DB to be triggered with ProTools.   Does anyone have  any
> staring points/suggestions/solutions???

I remember the configuration for DB is handled in the preferences.  I'll
have to check (when I'm at home) to see if I did anything particular
there, or the results of my original experiments might be documented in
the DB list archives.  I pretty much set it up to get it working with my
kit and left it that way :)

My DAW manual had generic instructions for setting up the DAW to work as
master or slave with MIDI hardware/software, as well as specific
instructions for some common packages like Cubase and Logic.  I just
triangulated and it pretty much worked happily with DB (sometimes a
little wobbly, possibly because of the stability of my MIDI connection),
so that my hardware was tracking MTC in sync with DB and, with a little
luck, I could start from anywhere in my DB song (though usually at the
beginning) and it would sync to the right place in the track recorded on
my DAW.

mailto:cea at carlaz.com