[Doggiebox] A song using a Sonor kit

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 05:17:13 EDT 2007

Like it. The production is really excellent. I'm glad you have been
able to get together with your lyricist friend. You create some very
good original songs together. The middle 8 is nice and the song
writing and guitar work is very good as usual. You've mixed the drums
in at just the right level I think. They certainly are believable -
and, like come alive, have a "Mike Carlyle' sound to them especially
the fills and the pause/fill towards the end [Does anyone else think
that even as non 'real' drummers, we have a drumming style?]

I've always thought the ns was just a little too 'studio' sounding -
you are right about the toms and the Sonor ones are a lot better.

Good luck with Foolish U. Sounds like fun.

You've wetted my appetite with the new kit any chance you could post
up a link for us other doggieboxers? I generally use the Yamaha kit -
which I think also originated from a link you posted, but its always
good to have a range of kits available :)

All the best

Sion

Sion Morris
Liverpool