[Doggiebox] Facing DB's Future

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun Jul 29 08:10:42 EDT 2007

If this is a revenue-generating product for Zygoat, I'd doubt that the
open source model would be in the company's best interest. Doggiebox is
positioned as a "flagship product" on the Zygoat website. It's unlikely
that turning over code to the community would turn out to be a fiscally
solid move.

I ask myself: If Doggiebox went no further, would I still use it? The
answer is yes. Quirky, sometimes lacking key productivity features
(export instruments - or even one of the five drum "rows" as separate
tracks) but still the current best solution.

Until something better comes along, take what you've got and squeeze the
most out of it, I say.

Nothing wrong with being a vocal user/evangelist and expressing oneself,
of course. And kudos to Sterling for a well-said essay, below.