[Doggiebox] delay between hitting a key and hearing a sound

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at carlaz.com
Sun Sep 2 03:48:45 EDT 2007

On 01 Sep 2007, at 18:41, Eve Edelson wrote:
> As I try out new sounds while looping what's already laid down,
> there's a delay between hitting the key and hearing the sound. What
> do you all do about it? Do you use a different input device?

Doggiebox is not, I think, really intended to be a "sampler" in the
sense that you can play it in real time.  You have to pretty much
edit your loop and play it again to hear it properly.  You can add or
erase things to a section while it's looping, but you have to wait
for it to loop back around again to play with your new addition or
subtraction or you'll not hear it properly ....