[Doggiebox] (Sort of) new track with Doggiebox drums

Michael Carlyle mcarlyle at charter.net
Sun Mar 9 09:18:01 EDT 2008

Wow. A Hawkwind reference! There's something you don't come across
every day.

I sort of remember listening to this once before. I can't recall what
I thought then, but I do like it now. The drums are convincing. The
guitars are a bit present in the mix and kind of in-your-face. Don't
know if that's what you were going for. The bass track is sort of
buried until you start playing in the upper registers two thirds of
the way through or so. I have trouble recording and mixing bass, but
I've just stumbled across a tried and true recipe.

I'm back to thinking I'm going to buy a real kit. A small,
inexpensive three piece (plus snare) is what I have in mind.
Who knows? I may just turn that into yet another DB kit as well.