[Doggiebox] (Sort of) new track with Doggiebox drums

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 16:22:15 EDT 2008

Like this a lot. tons of energy! The doubled guitars work well and
I've always liked the chunky bass sound you get - both go together
really well with the doggiebox track. Again, passes the 'forget that
the drums are programmed' test. Interesting song sections, especially
the middle with solo. This bit reminds me a little of 'London' by the
Smiths. And the ending is cute!

Comparing with the original version (using Ben's kit?) it does sound
like v1 is the demo, especially where the drums are concerned. The
only thing I'm not keen on in the drums in v2, are the hi-hat strikes
just at the start. They sound a little too much like sequenced
samples to me. the rest of the drum track sounds great though.

I do think the vocals should be higher in the mix - I think we
'unwilling vocalists' always tend to put our vox too low down! I'd
definitely like to hear this belted out with the vocals up an octave
too (neighbours permitting), sounded really good in Twa  Corbies -
though "take a ride' sounds good lower down must admit. There again
if you want to keep the air of 'menace' going, lower down is best...
or maybe both!

Anyway well done - 'tis now on the ipod

Sion

Sion Morris