[Doggiebox] 1.4.1 fixes export issue (and, whither ns_kit?)

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Thu Mar 20 14:12:25 EDT 2008

Sion Morris wrote at 7:56 AM (+0000) on 3/20/08:

>Still not working on my two Tiger Macs I'm afraid Ben. Have any other
>Tiger user had the same result?

Hey Sion,

Try deleting your prefs (~/Library/Preferences/
ca.zygoat.doggiebox.plist), relaunch Doggiebox and see if that cures the
problem.  (Or, if you have the developer tools installed and want to
preserve the rest of your prefs, you can use Property List Editor to
delete the "DBLastExportAudioStreamDesc" key).

Daniel confirmed to me off-list that this restored it for him.

It occurred to me that the crash is likely due to malformatted audio-
format data previously saved by Doggiebox 1.4 being reloaded.  On the
machine I tested the 1.4.1 fix, there may have been no previously-
existing prefs file, so I didn't see this symptom.  In retrospect it
would have been wise to look for this bad data and purge it
automatically; oh well...

-b

--
Ben Kennedy (chief magician)