[Doggiebox] Importing drum sounds

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Sat Jan 3 09:07:18 EST 2009

Hi Jimmy

Sounds good! Always up to hear a new kit.

As for the format of the sound samples, I  use a rate of 44100 at
depth of 16bit. I think the free audio program 'Audacity' can change
the settings if they are different in your samples. I then save the
samples as AIFF but I think WAV works too.

Its really simple to create a kit in Doggiebox - Just go to File - New
kit and then click on 'new drum' You then name the drum and load the
appropriate sample by clicking 'load' If you have any icons handy,
just drop the file on the icon window for the sound. If you have
variations on the snare for example, name the type 'snare' for all
kinds and name the variation with the types of snare eg soft; medium;,
hard etc.  Finally you can assign a position for it on the grid -
chinas at the top and bass at the bottom etc.

I generally embed the audio file as above, but it is also possible to
link to audio files (though only when you first create a new drum
sound. I also can't usually be bothered to put the midi info in - but
it is possible to do this if you want to export your patterns as midi
files.

Anyway, let me know if you get stuck. Look forward to hearing/trying
it out.

Cheers

Sion

www.sionsmusic.cinnamondesign.co.uk