[Doggiebox] Importing drum sounds

Charlie the_lonely_sea at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 3 19:37:52 EST 2009

Gotchya...

The sample you sent is 44.101 kHz - DB needs it to be 44.100 kHz.
Not a lot of difference, but obviously enough.

I've just successfully imported the sound into DB by converting it
with iTunes.

Import the samples into iTunes.

Set you iTunes preferences (NB - take note of the existing settings
to change this back when you've finished..)
General Tab -->  Import Settings button.
Set Import Using:  AIFF Encoder
Setting: Custom  and choose
Sample Rate: 44.100 kHz
Sample Size: 16 bit
Channels: Auto

Then high-light all the imported samples in iTunes and choose
Advanced --> Create AIFF Version.

This will add new the samples at the correct rate and can be imported
into DB.   If you have your iTunes import set up to Copy files to
iTunes music Folder when adding to library, they will be in a folder
in your iTunes directory - you can see the new ones as they will have
the .aif extension ( or sort them by Date Modified)

Once in DB, you can delete them from iTunes (provided the sounds were
embedded in DB, not linked)

Get back to me if any of the instructions miss the point.

Cheers

Charlie