[Doggiebox] Doggiebox in Protools

Corey Knafelz corey.knafelz at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:53:48 EDT 2009

On May 10, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Thomas Davis wrote:

> I am wondering if it is possible to send different drum sounds to
> different tracks in protools...so far I have been making beats, then
> exporting audio and importing into PT. This doesn't allow me to
> isolate bass and snare sounds to improve the sound using plug ins in
> PT.

An export to multiple tracks feature is a request that has been made
several times, but so far has not been implemented.

Unfortunately, you have to separate the tracks manually in Doggiebox.
What I do is make copies of the sequences and delete the other tracks
so I end up with only kick, snare, toms, cymbals, etc. This is also
good for blending different kit samples on the same patterns to fatten
up sounds; e.g. save another snare track and use a different kit, then
blend the results to taste in PT. Tweak and repeat.