[Doggiebox] Doggiebox resurgence

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Tue May 19 15:26:03 EDT 2009

Hey all,

In typical form, some news on the Doggiebox front after a long spell of
silence. :)

I think I mentioned here awhile back that I had moved a couple of years
ago to go to film school for a change of pace and new creative/
intellectual stimulation.  In April of last year, I was hired for a full-
time position as an assistant editor in post-production here in
Vancouver.  It has been a fun and rewarding new experience.  Alas, I was
recently laid off (along with the bulk of the company's staff) and am
now back on my own.

Given the circumstances, I have decided establish a new office/work
space and ramp up Mac software development efforts again, full-time.

Over the coming weeks my intent is to address current bugs and usability
problems in Doggiebox, and begin a new branch where I can finally get
working on long-awaited new features and improvements such as have been
raised and discussed on this list in the past.

I've already fixed a MIDI export problem under 10.4 as well as a copy-
and-paste bug in the pattern editor, and should have a maintenance
release out soon.

I would like to thank you all for your enthusiasm over the past few
years, and I'm heartened that you're still hanging around on this list. :)

Ben Kennedy (chief magician)