[Doggiebox] New build 1G01 with multi-track export

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Thu May 28 22:34:41 EDT 2009

Hey all,

I'm pleased to finally post the first in what I hope to be an evolving
series of testing/development builds over the coming while... and to
start off, I have taken a preliminary tackle of a much-requested
feature: multi-track export!

Grab it at <http://www.doggiebox.com/distribution/Doggiebox-1G01.zip>

There is a new menu command, "Export Multiple Tracks", whose function
should be mostly self-explanatory: specify a filename of
"Test.aiff" (for example) and Doggiebox will create files "Test 1.aiff"
through "Test 5.aiff", each corresponding to a mix of only those
instruments appearing in the corresponding grid line in the editor.

This should help facilitate post-production and alleviate a lot of the
tedium that people have had to deal with when trying to export drum
tracks in pieces.

I'm interested to hear about how this seems to work in practice, and
whether more refined levels of control are necessary (e.g. for splitting
up the mix).

Ben Kennedy (chief magician)