[Doggiebox] ProTools Free manuals (house cleaning)

Carl Freire carlpfreire at ybb.ne.jp
Tue Jan 26 05:30:52 EST 2010

Hi all,

This is an extreme long shot, I know, but I thought I'd ask this anyway.

Some years back, I went through the trouble to print out all of the
manuals that go with ProTools Free.  Oldsters may remember that
Digidesign offered its final version of ProTools for OS 9 (and the
contemporaneous version for Windows, I think for 98 or ME) for free
after they rewrote code for the OSes of the future (i.e., OS X and
Windows NT/XP).

All these years later, in a world with GarageBand and free versions
of Cubase included with various bits of audio hardware, I want to get
rid of those manuals.  I could just throw them out (and probably will
end up having to), but before I do so I thought I'd check: is there
anyone out there who might want them?  All I'd want for them is
postage, which given that I live in Japan may be more than you want
to spend even if you still are doing audio in Mac OS 9 (which means
you aren't using Doggiebox . . . if you haven't figured it out
already, now you see why I prefaced this with the words "extreme long
shot"!).  Probably about US$15-20 to ship them Stateside.

They're nicely bound--plastic spiral from a print shop in Oakland,
Calif.  But they take up space and space is limited here.  Anyone who
by some miracle might be interested or know someone who might be,
please contact me offlist.  Seems like a waste to just trash them . .
.