[Doggiebox] Facebook?

Sion Morris sionwm at cinnamondesign.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 02:41:10 EDT 2010

On 27 Jul 2010, at 03:03, Ben Kennedy wrote:

> Sion Morris wrote at 12:17 PM (+0100) on 7/22/10:
>
>> Great that there's a new version - have had a quick look and like the
>> new styling of the control panels. Record button looks like a great
>> idea. I wonder if this could be married up with some midi drum pads?
>
> That should definitely work.  I don't have any real MIDI drum hardware
> to try out, but I've so far tested it using a soft synth (MidiKeys)
> acting as an input MIDI source.  It would be cool to hear how it works
> in the field.

Haven't got a set of pads either (on my wish list) but sounds very do-
able. Would be amazing with a complete ns-kit version all mapped up
with velocities. That's one big guy project in the making... Carl? ;-)

Seriously though I think that could be one big selling point for Db.
For many, getting a track into db to 'work on' in this way would save
a lot of effort and would increase the the fun of db and allow people
to create better more natural sounding tracks with all the editing
benefits of db.

>> On another note what does everyone think of a DB Facebook page. we
>> could all interact - post up songs/resources etc maybe?
>
> Great idea.  Feel free to take the lead on it, if you're so inclined!
>
> I'm fairly busy at the moment but would be willing to help flesh it
> out
> when I can.  Facebook is surely a key marketing tool these days, so
> definitely something to keep in mind pushing for the 2.0 launch.
>
> -b

Ok -will do! Have some work to finish off this week and then will get
onto it.

Sion