[Doggiebox] Couple of long-standing fixes (one big, one tiny)

Ben Kennedy ben at zygoat.ca
Fri Oct 29 21:13:04 EDT 2010

Hi Haakon,

I'm not sure whether you're still actively using Doggiebox, but I wanted
to let you know that I've finally resolved a couple of different issues
that you reported to me a LONG time ago!

First, there was a problem in which MIDI files exported by Doggiebox
would sometimes dritft and not match the proper tempo.  You first
reported this in July 2008, and Jack Saturn followed up with the same
evidence recently.  Fortunately I've finally been able to nail down the
issue, and it's fixed as build 1G11 (posted a few days ago).

In a related issue, sometimes MIDI files simply would not export at
all.  This is also fixed (thanks to Jack and David Sampson for reporting
this as well).

Finally, a small one:  The basis note by which the tempo is counted
(e.g., quarter note = XXX bpm) will now be changeable simply by clicking
on it in the inspector to get the pop-up menu.  Previously, you had to
right-click, which was obscure.  You pointed this out in July 2006, and
I'm pleased to say that just over four years later I've finally improved
it. :)  This will show up in the next build.

thanks,

Ben Kennedy (chief magician)