[Doggiebox] Choose kit doesn't load?

Rusty White roojam at me.com
Mon Jul 29 14:59:43 EDT 2013

I really liked the final result I got with DB on the one tune I was able to complete, but unfortunately had to wipe DB from my Macbook Pro shortly after because it would crash hard every time I was in it, and this became progressively worse such that eventually the only way to regain control of my machine was to hold down the power key and reboot.

The last time even that procedure had to be performed twice, and once I was back in control, the MB Pro would spend enormous amounts of time and resources reindexing all files on the machine just to run any app including opening a finder window.  Since this machine serves dual purposes, I could not afford to take any more chances by opening DB, so I removed it.

Prior to removing I asked the guys if there were any known issues with compatibility, OS versions perhaps, or hardware, but none were known.  My MBPro is a 2010 model 2.4 Ghz, i5, 8GB, 10.8.4 (currently).  Its weird that I'm the only one experiencing these heart-stopping troubles.

I have a new Mac Mini that screams performance, and I use it to do my studio work which includes having a Logic Pro DAW.  Even though I can create beats in Logic using my keyboard/pad controller I still would prefer to use DB to create the drum parts, but I still have a bad case of post-traumatic stress from my final efforts to use DB.

In the spirit of " Other than that Ms Lincoln, how was the play?",…….I really did like the program.

Regards,

Rusty White