Subject: Re: [doggiebox] Has anyone gotten far with kit building?
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:02:33 EST

I don't have a whole lot to add here, but here are a few notes.

I've thus far found it best to let sounds decay a bit, rather than cutting 
them off short.   The larger issue for me has been that I need to set gain 
levels for the individual sounds which match those of the sounds already in 
doggiebox before bringing them into the program.   This is because I'm really 
just adding sounds to Ben's Premier kit, as I like his bass, snare, and hat 
just fine.   This means an extra step of bringing sounds I've downloaded from 
the net into Pro Tools and making gain adjustments.   

Icons and their positions have been a bit random so far, but I don't think 
I'm running the most up to date beta either.   One interesting thing - in 
recording a drum sequence for the classic eighties song "What I Like About 
You" by the Romantics, I sampled in the singer from the original record 
yelling, "Hey!" and made that sound a drum in doggiebox as a way of beefing 
up the live vocals by my bandmates and I.   It worked perfectly.

Seeya,

Matt