A fornight from the last build, I'm pleased to offer another. Here's what's new:
• Portfolio data can be exported as a CSV or tab-delimited text file. Bring the appropriate data into view, then choose Portfolio → Export… in the menu. You can customize the field order, date and number formats etc. by clicking the Configure Fields… button in the Save panel (the settings will be remembered for next time).
• Transactions can now be created for an arbitrary symbol even when it can’t be found in a search. This permits logging past transactions for de-listed, renamed, or otherwise unavailable equities.
• A new transaction type is supported: Journaled Shares. A journaling transaction permits adjustment of share quantity and cost base without creating a capital gain.
• Tradesy will warn when opening a document created by a newer version of the app, in case the document uses features not understood by the running version. (Such is the case with journal transactions introduced in this version, for example; the prior build doesn’t know about them.)
• When perusing historical quote data in the Overview or Strategy tabs, the Interval menu now accommodates data present in the local cache that might no longer be available from Yahoo (e.g., 1-minute quotes older than 30 days).
You can update automatically in the app (“Check for Updates”), or download from the web site.
The next work will be on the reciprocal functionality to data export: data import.