It's been a few weeks since I last furnished a Tradesy update, so please find the latest attached!
Here are the salient news:
- Overview and history graphs show calendar time/day delineations, a reference line for previous close price, and a percentage axis.
- Date range limitations are handled more smoothly. In cases where the Yahoo API doesn't support a request (e.g. one-minute interval data older than 30 days), the next-best alternative is automatically chosen.
- Batch strategy analysis now works, initially featuring a choice of three batching methods.
- Added one-week interval support, and deleted several that didn't work.
- Watchlist refreshing is more efficient.
- Performance improvements in the graphs.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after reporting an error from the network.
- "Scenarios" tabs renamed to "Strategy".
Those annoying "data not available" alerts should now largely be a thing of the past. If you happen to run in to any, please let me know. I've basically been working around Yahoo's API limitations as I encounter them.
The batch scenario (er, strategy) thing is finally implemented in rudimentary form! This stuff, of course, speaks to the initial motivation for writing Tradesy. There's surely a lot of scope for improvement and expansion here; as usual, any/all thoughts are more than welcome.
I think I've shared this link with you all before, but just in case, a quick wiki I started in order to document Tradesy's provenance and particulars: https://www.notion.so/Tradesy-856b30818b384203be2f0f3832867983 I still need to update it with the latest, and eventually will move it to a proper web site.
Pretty soon I also want to implement an automatic software update thing to make this more scalable and so that you can update at your leisure, but in the mean time, I figured a group email was the best way to distribute this. (Lemme know if you want off!)
Thanks for playing and let's get rich,
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Tradesy.app 9fda49d.zip"